City Council Meeting
- Date: 04/17/2017 7:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
2800 King Street
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
For a full listing of all public meetings, please refer to the Public Meetings Calendar.
- Pre-Council Meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. (unless otherwise stated on the Public Meetings Calendar)
- City Council Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and is held in Council Chambers at 2800 King Street, Smyrna Ga 30080).
The agenda for the next Council meeting is made available on the Friday prior to the meeting (unless a holiday requires a change in posting date). Posting falls under the office of the City Clerk. The agenda may be found on the "Current Council Agenda" page under the jurisdiction of the City Clerk (available under the "Your Government" section of this website).
April 17, 2017 Pre-Council Meeting to be held in the 2nd Floor Admin Conference Room at 6:00 PM
•April 17, 2017 Mayor and Council Meeting Agenda to be held in Council Chambers beginning at 7:00 PM
Meeting Agenda ‑ FINAL
Monday, April 17, 2017
Call to Order
1. Invocation and Pledge: Pastor Jeff Pennington, First Baptist Church Smyrna (1275 Church St)
2. Agenda Changes:
3. Mayoral Report:
4. Department Head Reports:
5. Land Issues/Zonings/Annexations: Speaking time for the public hearing related to the following land issues/zonings/annexations will be (5) five minutes.
A. 2017-105 Public Hearing Zoning Request Z17 005 Rezoning from R 15 to RAD Conditional for the development of five single family residences 2.2 Acres Land Lot 527 1258 Hayes Drive Joshua W. Hall. This item will be tabled until the May 15, 2017 Mayor and Council meeting at the request of the applicant.
6. Privilege Licenses:
7. Formal Business:
A. 2017-137 Authorization for the City to continue to participate in the Cobb County Urban CDBG Program from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020 and authorize the Mayor to sign and execute the corresponding agreement.
B. 2017 -124 Approval to reclassify a Police Major position to a Police Deputy Chief position
8. Commercial Building Permits:
9. Consent Agenda:
A. 2017 141 Approval of the Mayor and Council Meeting Minutes for April 3, 2017
Sponsors: City Council
B. 2017 142 Approval of Mayor and Council Pre Council Meeting Minutes for April 3, 2017
Sponsors: City Council
C. 2017 130 Approval of Property/Liability insurance renewal with Georgia Local Government Risk Management Agency (GIRMA) and authorize Mayor to execute any related documents
10. Committee Reports:
11. Show Cause Hearings:
12. Citizen Input: Speaking time for citizen input will be limited to three minutes.