Public Workshop / Guide Smyrna 2040
Second Public Worshop for Comprehensive Plan Update
- Date: 03/21/2017 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Brawner Hall
3180 Atlanta Rd
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Second Public Workshop for "Guide Smyrna 2040" - Comprehensive Plan Update Process
This is the second meeting for citizens involvement in the Comprehensive Plan process. The City of Smyrna is updating the Comprehensive Plan with a process referred to as "Guide Smyrna." The Comprehensive Plan is the overarching policy and implementation guide for future growth and development. The process focuses on future land use and also addresses transportation, housing, and economic development, core issues that shape our collective future and require open dialogue and strategic thinking to affect change over the next 20 years. Guide Smyrna builds upon the overall vision set by the 2014 Vision Plan as well as land use policy established in our existing 2030 Comprehensive Plan (adopted in 2007) and other City of Smyrna planning efforts.
Guide Smyrna website - link to the left guides you to the study website where you will find information about the purpose of the study and any associated diagrams and guidance such as meeting dates and public interaction and comment opportunities.
- Community Survey - available through the project website
- Community Meetings:
- Public Workshop 1: Held on Thursday, February 16 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Rd, Smyrna Ga 30080)
- Public Workshop 2: Tuesday, March 21 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Road, Smyrna Ga 30080)
- Public Engagement at the Spring Jonquil Festival - Saturday April 29 & Sun. April 30
- Public Open House: Thursday, June 8 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Brawner Hall (3180 Atlanta Road, Smyrna Ga 30080)